Primark is OPEN!
WE'VE MISSED YOU!
We’ve no doubt you’ve missed shopping in Primark Crawley, and we’ve missed you too, so we’re very happy we can open our doors to you once again.
We know that life is going to look a little different for a while for all of us and things are not going to be easy. We can’t be the exact Primark which you know and love, but we hope you understand that our priority right now is making sure that our stores are safe for our customers and our employees. We are delighted to be back and able to provide you with the quality, affordable Primark products which you may have missed or needed in recent months.
Thank you for your patience with us as we navigate these challenging times. If we could ask you to help us by following all the social distancing guidance and safety measures provided in our stores. Our colleagues are there to help make that as easy as possible for you, but we would ask everyone to help play their part in keeping safe and well.
So Good To See You
Whether you’ve a wish list that’s been growing since lockdown began, need to re-stock on some of your Primark favourites or want to pick up a thank you gift for a supportive friend, we’re so happy to welcome you back.
To Our Life-Saving Health Workers There Are No Words Just Love
While our stores were closed, hundreds of our employees from across the globe have played their part volunteering to coordinate and deliver care packs with 450,000 products including underwear, leggings, t-shirts, and towels to hospitals, charities and other healthcare organisations, in response to calls for urgent supplies of everyday items. We are very proud of this incredible volunteer effort to support frontline workers and patients, and it’s our way of saying a big Primark ‘Thank You!’ to them all for their incredible work.
Take Care, Stay Safe
Nothing matters more to us than the health and wellbeing of our employees and customers. Since we’ve been closed, we have been working hard to make sure that we have the right systems and equipment in place to help protect everyone in our stores.
You’ll notice the new measures we’ve put in place for everyone’s safety when you next come through our doors and you can also read our Full Safety Measures List before your next visit.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: We have implemented a strict social distancing protocol across all our stores:
- We are following government guidelines and limiting the number of customers allowed in store at any one time to allow for the appropriate distance in between customers and employees.
- Clear signage and floor decals, as well as dedicated employees who are responsible for managing queues at tills and entrances to stores
- We have hired additional security staff to help customers follow social distancing measures while queueing to enter our store
- We have redesigned the layout of our stores to allow for more space between people by reconfiguring our queuing system at our till points to allow for social distancing. Dedicated employees are on hand to manage the correct flow of the queue.
- We have temporarily closed off fitting rooms, customer toilets and our cafe and beauty concessions in stores which have them. We may review this policy as the situation develops and in line with government guidance
- Entry and exit points are clearly marked
- Frequent tannoy announcements are made in store reminding customers to adhere to social distancing measures
PERSONAL PROTECTION: We have increased personal protection for employees and customers:
- Hand sanitiser stations will be made available at the entrance and on the shop floor and back of house for employee and customer use
- Every second till is closed, in order to leave appropriate space between customers and between employees. Perspex screens have been installed on open tills to protect customers and employees
- Face masks and gloves are available to all employees if they wish to use them
- Customers are asked to sanitise their hands upon entry. Dedicated employees are on hand to assist customers if needed
- All returns will be managed in line with government advice
- We have removed all testers from the health and beauty department
- We are encouraging card payments and contactless when possible to minimise cash interactions. Limits have been increased for contactless payments where this was possible
- We have appointed dedicated employees to manage queues at tills and entrances to stores to ensure social distancing measures are being followed
- Dedicated employees make sure hand hygiene stations are topped up and report any issues or concerns to the store manager
IN-STORE CLEANING: We have increased the frequency and intensity of in-store cleaning:
- We have invested significantly in increasing the frequency and rigour of our store cleaning policy across all our markets: giving particular attention to high frequency touchpoints such as tills, escalators, lifts, and employee areas in back of house
- A deep clean of each store is carried out before re-opening
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning throughout the day
- We have introduced a basket cleaning system, so each basket handle is cleaned before use
- Sanitising wipes are made available for employees to sterilise baskets and cashpoints